Monday, November 9, 2009

Ed's Lobster Bar

Size & high prices don't always guarantee a good restaurant. It is always such a pleasure when you find a place that is small, quaint and moderately priced. Ed's Lobster Bar gave me just that pleasure I was looking for. After reading about it on Urban Daddy, I sought out this SoHo seafood paradise. Located just south of Spring Street near La Esquina, this establishment is very contrary in price, seating & attitude.

I ventured to Ed's on a Summer Thursday and was delighted with the service as well as the food. Famous for their Lobster Roll, I decided to go a different route and go with a special that night which included lobster & vegetables over linguini in a fra diablo sauce; it was unbelievable. They had a great selection of seasonal beers which was music to my ears, I went with the Lobster Ale. One thing that I was disappointed in was that Ed's Lobster Bar serves it's city renowned Lobster Bisque chilled in the Summer. I had to settle for the Baked Clams Oreganato and New England clam chowder which were both official.

Our table was tiny like the few others that are in the joint but the bar is where most of the action is going down. It is a long white marble top that is idea for eating. If you by chance can't get a table, have a seat at the bar and I promise you will enjoy this seafood paradise. Lastly, don't forget your complimentary Chocolobsters while you are paying the bill






Ed's Lobster Bar

222 Lafayette Street
New York, NY 10012
(212) 343-3236
http://www.lobsterbarnyc.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment