Sunday, November 22, 2009

Balthazar Restaurant

Grab your skinny jeans (Cheech) and your ridiculous Ray Bans (that we all know look stupid) and head on down to Balthazar for Sunday brunch. This place has a very fashion forward crowd with quite a European feel. Despite the very trendy scene, the Spring Street eatery was still a fun place to dine.

The atmosphere is just cool with the old school tile floors and massive mirrors lining the walls. While waiting for a table, make your way to the bar on your right and start the mouth watering if you take one look at the raw bar in the back. My only gripe is when a place is "proud of their beer" as my Pops would say. All I mean by this is there is no reason why any bar/restaurant should charge $10 for a draft Stella when everyone knows the max should be $6. They must make be pouring it from the platinum kegs as oppose to the traditional aluminum ones.

The food was still really good despite my negatively. I had Bar Steak with Pomme Frites and my lovely date had the Salad Nicoise with seared tuna. My steak was cook perfectly however could have been seasoned better. The fries were all that. Everyone I noticed had fries at their table and I know why. I enjoyed my overall experience at Balthazar although it was slightly over priced for the final product. Definitely worth hitting up once because at the end of the day it is a very cool scene, especially on Sunday afternoon.

Balthazar Restaurant
80 Spring Street
New York, NY 10012
(212) 965-1414

No comments:

Post a Comment