Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Comix

If I went to comedy clubs as many times as I say, "we should go to a comedy club tonight" then I would actually have a shot of picking something up and being remotely funny. Instead, I continue to put it off and usually only venture to a show once a year on a drunken New Years Day w/ my buddy John John.

I recently had another "we should go" moment and finally followed through with it and headed to Comix on West 14th. Right in the nexus of NYC nightlife where the Meat Packing meets West Village meets Chelsea, this place is awesome for more than just it's comedy. Perfect for an early show then a stroll down to Gansevoort for a different kind of entertainment. Comix has a very cool main bar/lounge area which makes you forget you are even in a comedy club. There is also a smaller basement lounge with much less seating and a small stage where it appears as if they have open mic.

My most recent trip was a great experience with very inexpensive drinks for the Happy Hour special and great food as we were watching the opening acts. The best part was obviously the main act which was Craig Robinson, better known as Darrell from The Office. Needless to say, he was hilarious. I highly recommend youtubing some of his stand up. Ultimately, Comix gets good headliners and combine that with it's cool pregame scene makes it an over all great place to seek out.


Comix Comedy Club
353 West 14th Street
New York, NY 10014
(212) 524-2500

No comments:

Post a Comment