Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Scotland Yard

Most city living people are total haters on Hoboken but I assure you I am not one of them. Ever since I came to NYC I've had good friends across the river and have spent plenty of time in the Boke getting after it and Scotland Yard is one of my go-to Happy Hour spots.

Being a stones throw from the PATH would lead you to believe this bar is mobbed with people coming from the city stopping in for a beer on their way home but it's pleasingly more quiet than it's neighbors The Green Rock & Hopsons. Those places are fun too, but for the rookies.....the die hard drunks go to Scotland Yard.

I was told once that this place has beautiful bartenders on Friday happy hours but my suds slinger looked more like Al Boreland. Despite the eyesore behind the bar, our group enjoyed ourselves with inexpensive beers and good blues being played live.

So, if you find yourself on the West side of the Hudson on a weekday night, check out Scotland Yard for a good time. They make a mean Jack & Coke. This one is for you MPS.

Scotland Yard
72 Hudson Street
Hoboken, NJ 07030-5629
(201) 222-9273

No comments:

Post a Comment