Friday, February 5, 2010

Cafe Orlin

Waiting for a table for brunch just seems silly to me. Cafe Orlin has a hefty brunch crowd but my lovely date and I walked right in and sat at the mini 5 person bar for what would be one of the best brunch experiences I've had in NYC. For a blistery Sunday morning, St. Mark's place had a good amount of foot traffic albeit a much different crowd from what you would've seen 10 hours earlier.

The bartender really made our dining experience much better with incredibly efficient service. The steak & eggs were more delicious than the standard at any other restaurant where you are usually getting a pretty low grade meat for the steak portion. Cooked perfectly, I polished off my dish in expeditious caveman fashion.

Overall Cafe Orlin seemed like an awesome spot with an ideal outdoor seating patio but unfortunately I moved to Saskatchewan this Winter and the weather was roughly -5 degrees Celsius. I look forward to New York thawing out so I can experience this East Village eatery in another light.

Cafe Orlin

41 St Marks Place
New York, NY 10003
(212) 777-1447
http://www.cafeorlin.com/



No comments:

Post a Comment