Saturday, December 5, 2009

Hill Country Barbecue Market

A famous man (really not famous) once said, "If I had three hands I'd kill myself." This man was referring to his passion for eating when a large delicious meal was siting in front of him. I love this man and owe him a lot so I wanted to start off mentioning DJU. He would love Hill Country in the Flatiron section of the city. See exhibit A to the right.

This eatery is ideal for gluttonous groups of men with big appetites. Before you get by the lady with the rope (once you go you'll know what I mean, right Gresh?), you have to decide whether the entire group is going to order from the menu or go with the All You Can Eat menu. What kind of sick challenge of manhood is this for six 28 year old former college athlete meat heads? Obvi AYCE was our decision. Upstairs seems like the place to be at first glance but the basement is where it's at. Long wooden tables make for the family style eating environment. At the end of the long room is a small stage where they have live music which I'm told brings some pretty good honky tonk acts. We saw no live music as it was a Fall Monday evening so football was on the big screen.

You MUST order the green bean casserole, the baked beans and the mac 'n' cheese. The corn bread is delicious too. Now, for the main platter it has chicken, huge ribs & my favorite, the brisket. Buckets of PBR went well with the meal as well. I walked out of there a good 10 pounds heavier. You really couldn't drink that much beer if you were planning on going to business on the food.

I had never heard of Hill Country, but I highly recommend you find this place for yourself and treat yourself to a night of guilty pleasures.

Hill Country Barbecue Market
30 West 26th Street
New York, NY 10010-2062
(212) 255-4544
http://www.hillcountryny.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment