Saturday, December 5, 2009

Ace Bar

Skee ball is probably the best arcade game out there. Throw that in the mix with a dive bar that serves dirt cheap PBR and I'm good to go. Ace Bar has more than just skee ball to attract dumb guys like my friends and me. They have pool tables and a trio of Buckhunter machines.

Some of the so called "dive bars" in NYC are contrived and try too hard to be a dive. Ultimately resulting in an attitude that contradicts the entire premise of a dive bar. This East Village hang out stays true to it's roots with cheap specials and acting host to a skee ball league. My first venture at Ace Bar was a Sunday in the Spring and we left a perfectly sunny day to enter this very dark establishment only to return to pitch dark about 5 hours later.

I had heard plenty of this place but had to try it out myself and was pleasantly surprised. Go find Ace Bar for yourself and enjoy your PBR with a side of skee ball. Don't forget to check out the lunch box collection either.

Ace Bar
531 E 5th St
New York, NY 10009
(212) 979-8476
http://www.acebar.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment