Thursday, January 28, 2010

Verlaine

I really enjoy going out in the Lower East Side. Not sure I'd ever live there but socially, it might be my favorite neighborhood in NYC. The LES is also home to Verlaine which has become one of my staples for late night drinks.

This spot is unassuming and often overlooked because of the business of Rivington as well as the many other louder establishments near by. It's dark inside and surprisingly spacious with a very long bar. They have beers from 12 countries and one of the most expansive cocktail menus I've ever seen in my life. I'm talking like 60 different whiskeys and 20 different rums amongst a massive wine list as well.

The decor is cool with vintage pictures and some bizarre artwork as well. Some is NC17 but who am I to judge. Check out Verlaine next time you are in that neighborhood and don't want to wait in line and/or walk into a mobbed scene like Pianos.

Verlaine
110 Rivington Street
New York, NY 10002-8800
(212) 614-2494
http://www.verlainenyc.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment